Bear Soup #79
Bear Soup, with Ron Suresha,
streams online Monday, October 4th, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific on BearRadio.net. Repeats Wednesday, same times.
In this 79th installment of Bear Soup:
- On October 1st, our Connecticut civil union magically became – a marriage! From my blog on the event.
- Stevo’s new song, Deception, running on BearRadio!
- Report on alien polar bears from Bear Soup cub reporter, Keith Olbermann
- The opening chapter (NSFW) from Spring of the Stag God, a fantastic new short story collection by J.C. Herneson, from Bear Bones Books
News, shmooze, interviews, and skews for the online ursine community — you’re just in time for another deep dish serving of BEAR SOUP!
Bear Soup is sponsored by the bookish bears at Bear Bones Books.
Bear Soup #70
Bear Soup, with Ron Suresha, streams online Monday, April 12th, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific on BearRadio.net. Repeats Wednesday, same times. In this 70th edition of Bear Soup:
- Breaking news on the case of Ahmet Yıldız, the Turkish gay bear who was murdered by his father in a so-called family honor killing — including:
- an article from bianet.org, “No Significant Progress in Murder Case of Ahmet Yıldız,” and
- a special message from Ahmet’s partner, Ibrahim Can, for Bear Soup listeners:
Ahmet Yildiz was shot dead in front of his flat. that crime would never came out if i did not tell about. i do stil have a lot of problems to bring the murderers to the justice becouse the justice is not working well for gays anyway in turkey.
- A New Yorker cartoon on testosterone, and the usual ursine audio humdrum.
News, shmooze, views, and skews for the online ursine community — diced, spiced, and cooked up for another bubbling and dee-lish deep dish serving of BEAR SOUP!
Bear Soup is sponsored by the ursobibliophiles at Bear Bones Books.
Bear Soup #57
Bear Soup, episode #57, streams online tonight, Monday, November 9th, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific on BearRadio.net. Repeats Wednesday, same times. Bubbling up in the Bear Soup tub this week:
- When in Roma, do as the Orsi do . . . highlights of our holiday in Roma with friends from Bearcastle.com, & al; gladiators at the Forum; the Ice Cream Bears
- Audio from Warbear, “21st Century Schizoid Bear”
- A reading from the chapter on Musclebears in Muscle Boys: Gay Gym Culture, by Erick Alvarez
- More problems for endangered (4-legged) Polar bears — please support WWF and Natural Resources Defence Council
- Shoutouts, announcements, and the usual bear puns and furry audio folderol.
There’s room in the tub for everybear, everycub, whatever, whomever . . . so just drop in for a brand new BEAR SOUP!
Bear Soup is sponsored by our buds at Bear Bones Books.
Bear Soup #54 tonight
Bear Soup, episode #54, streams online tonight, Monday, September 28th, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific on BearRadio.net, repeating Wednesday, same times. On Bear Soup this week:
- A synopsis of the anthology, Bisexual Perspectives on the Life and Work of Alfred C. Kinsey, a Lammy finalist, including a Kinseytown sexagennial walkabout, as presented at the Bi Lines reading this May at the NYC LGBT Center, and at CBD in Boston this Thursday.
There’s room in the tub for everybear, everycub, whatever, whomever . . . so drop in for a brand new Bear Soup!
Bear Soup is proudly sponsored by our buds at Bear Bones Books.
Bear Soup #53 tonight
Bear Soup podcast, episode #53, will stream on BearRadio.net tonight, Monday, September 14th, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific; repeats Wednesday, same times.
Ahmet Yildiz, Turkish bear activist, murdered in "honor" killing
Ahmet's partner at the side of his coffin
- Special report on Turkish bear activist, Ahmet Yıldız, who was shot as an “honor killing,” with part of an article from the Independent; audio from a memorial video by bears, Ahmet Yıldız is my family; breaking news this week about Ahmet’s accused killer, his father; and a comment on homophobia and closeted homosexuality in fundamentalist Muslim cultures.
- In the Lit-Bear-ary Corner: reading of a selection on Bear subculture from Faeries, Bears, and Leathermen: Men in Community Queering the Masculine
by Peter Hennen (University of Chicago, 2008). Hennen is asst professor of psychology the Ohio State University at Newark.
- Ben & Jerry’s changes flavor name to “Hubby Hubby” in honor of Vermont same-sex marriage. But what about the womyn?
- Fake Jellybean “Manly Flavors” from Manoverse.com.
The rubber duckies are bobbling in the hot tub bubbles, so grab a towel, and drop in for a brand new BEAR SOUP!
Bear Soup is sponsored by Bear Bones Books
Bear Soup #51 tonight
Bear Soup podcast, episode #51, will stream online tonight, Monday, August 24, at 10:00pm Eastern & Pacific on BearRadio.net.
In the Bear Soup hot tub this week, bear movies and politics:
- My interview with Dan Hunt, director/producer of the documentary film Bear Run, which ran on the Logo channel last year. The interview originally appeared in Bear magazine #66 and is featured in full in the new edition of Bears on Bears: Interviews and Discussions
- Casting call for bears in the NYC area for the new feature-length movie, Bear City. Lunch provided!
- Satire from Roman Hans and SD: Bu$h’s horrible terrible awful no-good BF. On YouTube here — 3,000+ views!
Chock-full of furry audio goodness. There’s room in the tub for everybear, everycub, whatever, whomever . . . so grab your rubber ducky and drop in for a brand new BEAR SOUP!
Bear Soup is sponsored by our buds at Bear Bones Books.
Bear Soup No. 33: SF Chron on Bear Soup; Marc Jacobs: David Daniels
- Sept. 2, 2006 article — “‘Bears’ come out to play at fair celebrating gay subculture” — in the San Francisco Chronicle written by Wyatt Buchanan on the Hairrison Street Fair, which mentions “Bear Soup” … Omigod!
- Fashion designer Marc Jacobs’ new major ad campaign featuring two bearish men, makeup guru Dick Page and his husbear, James Gibbs, photographed by Juergen Teller
- Backed by the vocal stylings of the bearish countertenor and international opera star, David Daniels
Bear Soup #15
In this episode of Bear Soup:
- “Why Can’t Two Manly Men Marry and Share Benefits of Matrimony?” an essay by Rowland Nethaway
- Review of More Bear Cookin’: Bigger and Better by PJ Gray